Everything you need to know about colonization screening through the CDC’s AR Lab Network Speakers:
- Dr. Elizabeth Soda, MD, Medical Officer, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Dr. Joeseph Sexton, PhD, Microbiologist, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Liore Klein, MSPH, Lab-Epidemiology Coordinator, AR Lab Network Program, Maryland Department of Health
Participants will be able to:
- Describe how MDROs transmit through healthcare facilities.
- Describe the role their healthcare facility type plays in limiting further transmission throughout a region.
- Compare the different types of MDRO surveillance and which types apply at their healthcare facility.
- Identify infection prevention and control practices they should implement at their healthcare facilities to prevent MDRO transmission.
- Recognize current practices for communicating a patient/resident MDRO status, both inside and outside their facility and identify key strategies for improving inter-professional care through clear multidisciplinary communication.
C. Auris and CPO Colonization Screening 101