- Describe the role their healthcare facility type plays in limiting further transmission throughout a jurisdiction.
- To describe scenarios appropriate for Transmission-Based Precautions (when to use Contact Precautions, Enhanced Barrier Precautions, and Standard Precautions)
- Identify infection prevention and control practices they should implement at their healthcare facilities to prevent MDRO transmission.
- To describe Enhanced Barrier Precautions
- To describe which residents need Enhanced Barrier Precaution
- Recognize current practices for communicating a patient/resident MDRO status both inside and outside their facility and identify key strategies for improving inter-professional care through clear multidisciplinary communication
- To understand the use and significance of interfacility and intra-facility forms during transfers
- Dr. Heather Jones, DNP, NP-C
- Dr. Kara Jacobs Slifka, MD, MPH
- Linda Behan, BSN, RN, CIC
Enhanced Barrier Precautions in Skilled Nursing Facilities