- Describe how MDROs transmits through healthcare facilities.
- Identify ways that the hands of healthcare personnel (HCP) may be involved in transmission of MDRO.
- Describe the current state of hand hygiene in the United States.
- Identify infection prevention and control practices they should implement at their healthcare facilities to prevent MDRO transmission.
- Define hand hygiene, including preferred methods to perform hand hygiene according to CDC indications.
- Identify elements of a hand hygiene program that are needed to reduce transmission of MDRO via the hands of HCP.
- Describe methods to monitor and improve hand hygiene.
- Develop an interdisciplinary plan with input from multiple healthcare personnel types that address improvements in communication of a patient/resident MDRO status both within their facility and with other facilities and providers.
- Dr. Janet Glowicz, PhD, RN
The Role of Hand Hygiene in Limiting the Spread of MDROs