The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) is partnering with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in launching a new training initiative for frontline healthcare workers.
To get started, please register here or, if you have an account, sign in. Then go to the Inside Infection Control training module and select “Enroll”.
Project Firstline will provide every person working in a healthcare facility the foundational understanding of infection control need to protect themselves, their patients and communities from infectious disease threats including COVID-19 and antibiotic resistance. Resources include:
- Web content
- Videos & Social Media Graphics
- Interactive Resources
- Print Materials & Job Aids
- Training Toolkits
Project Firstline Videos
Click here to watch Project Firstline’s educational videos and learn about different infection control topics, such as respiratory droplet basics and safe use of multi-dose vials.
To view captions in a language other than English, follow these steps:
- Select YouTube option
- Click on the gear icon (Settings)
- Select Subtitles/CC
- Select Auto-Translate
- Select from 95+ languages
CDC TRAIN Offerings by Topic
CDC TRAIN is a national learning network that provides thousands of quality training opportunities to more than 2 million professionals who protect and improve the public’s health. Powered by the Public Health Foundation (PHF), the TRAIN Learning Network brings together agencies and organizations in the public health, healthcare, and preparedness sectors to disseminate, track, and share trainings for the health workforce on a centralized training platform. Click on a topic below, which will bring you to the CDC TRAIN website. You will need to create an account to be able to track your learning and receive free CEUs or certificates of completion.
- Introduction to Infection Control and Virus Basics
- Injection Safety
- PPE Basics
- Respirator Basics
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Basics
- Ventilation, Source Control, and Hand Hygiene
- How COVID-19 Spreads
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Infection Control Video Series
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Pediatrics on Call Podcast, Infection Control Episodes
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Massachusetts Chapter, Webinars
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Infection Prevention and Control Course for Pediatric Clinics
- American Hospital Association Center for Health Innovation, “Providing Safe Care to COVID-19 Patients in Various Settings”
- American Medical Association webinar series: Project Firstline–CDC’s new national training collaborative for infection control
- American Nurses Association, On-the-Go Resources
- American Society for Health Care Engineering
- Association for the Health Care Environment, EVS Front-line Staff Educational Videos
- Project Firstline Resources in Spanish
- Infection Control Videos with subtitles in Bengali, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Hmong, Samoan, and Tongan
You have the power to stop infections.
Every frontline healthcare worker deserves to understand infection control principles and protocols. It is essential that they feel confident in applying these to protect themselves, their facility, their family, and their community. CDC’s new infection control training collaborative, Project Firstline, is designed to help every frontline healthcare worker gain that knowledge and confidence.
Be sure to follow Project Firstline on Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for email updates (scroll down after clicking link) to be the first to know when new trainings and tools are released.